Baker Mayfield

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
Serenity Now

Post by Serenity Now »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Some smart football person is going to acquire Baker sometime between now and September. I listen to Bill Simmons and he is NOT a huge Baker fan. But even he thinks that he's an undervalued asset right now. You can get him at a lot better rate going forward than you could have after the Browns took the Chiefs to the wire in the playoffs the year before last. Even if he has a good year next year, from a salary level he's still a mid level valued guy and you don't have to pay him like the #1 pick that he was.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

In Brent I Trust :D
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Now Cowherd is saying New Orleans should take Baker. Wonder if Cowherd got a tip and wants to be first. In the past he had been anti Baker …..
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

Zgeo wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:53 am Now Cowherd is saying New Orleans should take Baker. Wonder if Cowherd got a tip and wants to be first. In the past he had been anti Baker …..

...MR. Cowturd is STILL "ANTI-BAKER"!
He fancies himself the "Howard Stern" of sports talk.
A Skip Bayless "wanna be", if you will.
In my estimation, a total jackass.

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Day 75 of the Baker Mayfield hostage situation
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

New development for Deshaun Watson....lawsuit 24 and it references hundreds of women contacted by DW.....DW lawyers unable to respond at this time......https://sports.yahoo.com/lawsuit-claims ... 07463.html

I don’t think the NFL will allow DW to play for the NFL.....the GM for the Browns will be fired.....

Baker will end up at Pittsburg, IMO.....
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Tip, FF to 4 and 1

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Clown show, acting like he woulda shown up to begin with

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Just one of many reasons he’s loved by OU fans

:horns:

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Lol

soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

Really tired of this whole drama. Would prefer that no other stories/speculation was done on this, and then let us know if/when the trade happens and where he is going.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

I think movement is afoot soon

Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

OU Guy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:58 pm I think movement is afoot soon

I agree, the Browns won't cut him until they know that DW will be able to play, otherwise they could have already traded him, either before or at the draft - certainly since then.

Though I don't particularly like either place Carolina and Seattle seem to be the most interested (or were). I've seen some say that NYG or Tampa (Brady back-up) are possibilities - I hope not. I would like to see him have a legitimate shot at starting.

Anything short of a trade deal and the Browns are on the hook for any of the $18.9 million that Baker is under contract for that the trade partner doesn't pay. If they release him, the Browns have to pay the entire $18.9 - quite the vacation fund... then if a starter goes down during the season....
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

^^^

I don’t think it matters if DS is suspended, Baker won’t play for Browns and they know it. He is coming off injury and after what they did he can just claim pain if they try. He holds all the cards. Thwir only hope is a trade and maybe get some type player back.

I know the deadline to trade or cut him is 1 Nov but there is urgancy to get it done to know what cap they have plus he is technically still a Brown and has access to facilities. The team wanting him will want time to acclimate him in these early camps.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

I know some may not want to follow this but the whole situation intrigues me. Baker was an awesome Sooner and I hate seeing him done so wrong. He gave ip his injured body to help the team (fans) and got shafted because of it. I want to see him find a team who is not so messed up. I don’t want his career to end like this.

As for the tweet post here - how many will it take? Its up to 26 accusers so whats the magic number? I think this is Clowns already working to get out of it and throwing out some “leaks” to get people (fans) used to idea that DS is likely gone.

Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

YES this is A multi faceted saga. 1 big part is the Browns mistake of going after Watson given his problems. 2 big part is the Watson story- NY Times contacted 66 massage therapist Watson hired over Instagram which in it’s self says he is a pervert even without the sex assaults. 3 is the NFL can not allow Watson to play without a mea culpa from Watson and settlement of all lawsuits and a multi year suspension, 4 is the 230 million $ guaranteed contract and the ire it raised with the other owners, 5 anther part is Bakers career.......6 another part is that the other teams have the Browns over a barrel regarding Bakers trade the Browns have no leverage and will have to cut Baker and pay his $19 million....

I think the GM at the Browns deserves to be fired because the Browns gave up Baker for a bunch of misery and Jacoby Brissett who never did anything worthwhile.....they did not check into Watson’s problems....