Another 198+ score for Women's Gymnastics in the Metroplex Today

This is the forum to follow our National Champions Gymnastics team
OUBeliever56A

Another 198+ score for Women's Gymnastics in the Metroplex Today

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here is the post-quad match staff article about the OU Women's Gymnastics win today over TWU, Air Force and SEMO.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/3/6/ ... -quad.aspx

These young ladies have got it all going positively right now!

Boomer Sooner!
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

I had hoped to watch the meet before posting about it, but it hasn't appeared anywhere other than TWU's subscription site. Then I remembered the last quad meet I watched. Coverage was terrible, popping back and forth and you were lucky if a snippet of the event you wanted to see was shown.

On Sunday, we posted the fifth score above 198 this season: 198.075. While not nearly as dominant as the 198.475 score we posted against Michigan two days ago, it is still an excellent score. As a quad meet, the order of the events was not "normal". I believe our order was bars, beam, floor and vault.

A few comments to start. First, We are now the #1 team according to NQS. I'm hoping to start incorporating NQS scores in the next commentary. We are now the #1 team on both bars and beam. #4 vault and #5 floor.

Second, Jordan Bowers only participated in two events (vault and bars) and her scores were outstanding. I'm a little surprised that she didn't compete on floor, since her scores there have been excellent all season. But maybe KJ was resting her for the postseason. She hasn't competed on beam for 4 meets now.

Danielle Sievers recently started competing on three events. She has joined Kat LaVasseur and Ragan Smith in that regard.

For the last 7 meets, our vault lineup has rotated between 7 athletes. In this meet, Audrey Davis participated again and Danae Fletcher sat out. We had one score that would suggest the athete fell or left the mat. Our counting scores ranged from 9.825 to the 9.975 score that Jordan Bowers put up. Bowers has been killing it on vault the last four meets. Our total score was 49.450, above our average of 49.368 and close to our median score. Kat LeVasseur is the #3 gymnast nationally on the vault.

All season, our bars lineup has been pretty tight. Danae Fletcher filled in three times earlier in the year, but outside of that, it's been the same six athletes competing on bars. Our individual scores ranged from 9.825 to the 9.950 that Jordan Bowers posted. Our 49.475 team score was just below our average of 49.533. Audrey Davis is the #2 gymnast nationally on the bars.

Our beam lineup has been the same for the last four weeks, since Olivia Trautman came back. We posted a 49.550 score, above our average of 49.405. Our counting scores ranged from 9.875 to the 9.975 that Ragan Smith posted. Ragan Smith is the #1 gymnast nationally on the beam.

Since Danielle Sievers has been competing on floor the last three meets, we've been rotating between 7 athletes. This meet was Jordan Bowers turn to take a rest. Our team score was 49.600. That was above our average of 49.505. Our throwaway score was a 9.875. Our counting scores were a 9.900 and four 9.925 scores put up by Carly Woodard, Ragan Smith, Danae Fletcher, and Danielle Sievers. We don't have a gymnast in the top 6 nationally.