The BATMAN

Your favorites
OU Chinaman

The BATMAN

Post by OU Chinaman »

...when I was in 2nd grade I discovered comic books.
Bob Kane's Batman to be precise and I have been a comic book geek ever since.
He's always been my very favorite comic hero, because he has no "super powers". He's a billionaire with a brain and a trained body.
I'd been looking forward to this new Batman film since I first heard about it.

Went today to see the Noon feature opening at AMC @ Penn Square and was thoroughly entertained.
Wasn't the typical comic book movie, more of a crime-noir type of flick. Very dark and very long, 3 hours & 10 minutes.

Robert Pattinson did an outstanding job portraying the tormented and somewhat twisted psyche of Bruce Wayne. (Wayne ain't right!)
Zoe Kravitz was excellent as Catwoman! (What a figure, whew!)
Andy Serkis was great as Alfred Pennyworth.
Colin Farell was all but unrecognizable as the Penguin. Incredible prosthetic makeup. I could recognize him by his eyes only.

My very favorite Batman movie (And I've seen them all, from the 1940's serials to this one today) had been The Dark Knight!

"The BATMAN" is now my favorite. More of a detective movie than anything else.
I'd be interested to hear anybody's take on this film, if you see it. Imagine some will agree with me & others might not like it at all.

A cultural icon, the Batman mythology is endlessly fascinating and this new take, I predict, will result in at least a trilogy of movies.
Worth the price of admission. Check it out!

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...hey hombre, I think it comes down to whether you enjoy comic book movies, being able to suspend your disbelief and let yourself be entertained. If you didn't grow up reading, collecting, and trading piles of comic books, then you don't get it.
I've been in discussions with people who don't fancy the Hollywood embrace of Marvel and DC stories. Truth be told they are really the only "BLOCKBUSTER" type films being made. They're the "cash cow" presently for Hollywood!

Given the lengthy (1/2 hour) of previews before the film, it looks like 2022 will be the biggest, best ever year for super hero movies. Seems I counted 7 other comic book flicks that will open this year.

The next really big one will be Dr. Strange, Sorcerer Supreme, scheduled for May release and from everything I've read could be the most spectacular movie of this genre to date. Can't hardly wait. A 2.5 hour escape from reality where you can be thrilled, disappointed, saddened, elated, and encouraged for the human condition and culture, if you let yourself. And have a couple of laughs to boot.

In comic books, (unlike real life) the "good guys" ALWAYS WIN!!! :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

I'm more into westerns...love Clint Eastwood and hope someone takes his place and make some great westerns. Kevin Costner would be a start.

Eastwood was and is such a great movie icon. Love Grand Torino, the Unforgiven, and haven't seen his last one about an old cowboy and Mexican kid.

I like comic book movies, especially some of the Batman movies, Superman is to comical...LOL. Someone needs to do him right.

We're just reliving our childhood, my friend.