Games on radio

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
ousbfan

Games on radio

Post by ousbfan »

Are the games going to be on the radio this year to listen on the computer like last year? If so will it be on the Franchise site or something new?
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Chris Plank was talking the other day about Softball and he aid that all the games would be on 'radio'. I do not remember which station though. If you are local to Norman, I remember thinking that is my pan, but sorry I do not remember what my plan was. I will try to get this figured out early next week.

I am trying to figure out if I purchase 'FlosSoftball' or not so I can watch.

Boomer Sooner!
ousbfan

Post by ousbfan »

Thanks 56, I haven't been able to find out anything about it being on radio. I tryed Flo softball last year and the games that I tryed to watch there were no commentary and and one camera and it was always behind what took place after the pitch with the camera behind the backstop and focused in on the batter, anywhere the ball was hit you couldn't see an infielder or outfield make the play with the camera lagging behind. I canceled it after the first 2 games down in Mexico.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I have heard that about 'Flo'. That is why I am hesitant. Live Stats tells me what I need to know along w a radio feed.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Last year...if I recall correctly...they were broadcast on The Franchise 2- in OKC that was KEBC 1560 am and I had pretty spotty reception.
Plank's show that I listen to now is on KREF 94.7 in OKC and I hope the broadcast will be on that---way better reception....but I'm afraid it will be on the old am station again.
Hopefully I can find a broadcast to listen to onlne.
aka Crimson47
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

Football and basketball (M and W) radio has been available (since last fall) on the Varsity Network App - have to register but the broadcasts are free. I refuse to listen to the ESPN bozo’s call basketball games, so I synch the game tv to the radio feed.

I don’t know if the App will pick up softball/baseball or not.

The App has not been trouble free (but far better than listening on the Franchise app/internet page).

It occasionally loses the feed - sometimes this seems more a function of my Wi-Fi, but sometimes the app simply freezes. This has happened 4-5 times to me (probably listened to 25-30 broadcasts). However, close the app and restart usually solves this problem (when it’s not my WiFi).

Twice - the app has had a problem - it would repeat about 3-4 seconds of the broadcast and would do that every 10-20 seconds. After doing this 4-5 times, it “resets” and skips ahead 20-30 seconds, “catching back up”. Absolutely brutal to listen to, especially if you’re trying to synch to video feed. As I say, this happened for me during one Men’s game and on Women’s game.
OURed

Post by OURed »

I have had pretty good results listening to the OU softball games on the Tune-In app. It was free when I downloaded it from the App Store. Just search for The Franchise 2- in OKC, which is KEBC 1560 am. It’s the Chris Plank broadcast. All the games are broadcast and reception is great. You can listen on your phone or iPad (I use a Bluetooth speaker with my phone). I would recommend this rather than the over-the-air radio broadcast.
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

So the issue is that sometime last fall, OU replaced the Tune-In app with the Varsity App. The games are on the Varsity App now. Tune-In gives you a bunch of radio stations, but they aren't supposed to broadcast games anymore.

The Varsity app is free. It seems to be more reliable than Tune-In, but getting to the game link isn't intuitive because I still have issues doing it. And my day job is as a Software Developer.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

TropicalSooner wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:54 pm Last year...if I recall correctly...they were broadcast on The Franchise 2- in OKC that was KEBC 1560 am and I had pretty spotty reception.
Plank's show that I listen to now is on KREF 94.7 in OKC and I hope the broadcast will be on that---way better reception....but I'm afraid it will be on the old am station again.
Hopefully I can find a broadcast to listen to onlne.
I could get "The Franchise 1560 online. Clear as could be. Last year and way before that.
ouron

Post by ouron »

Game one is scheduled to be televised on ESPN+.
OURed

Post by OURed »

AustinTXSooner wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:45 pm So the issue is that sometime last fall, OU replaced the Tune-In app with the Varsity App. The games are on the Varsity App now. Tune-In gives you a bunch of radio stations, but they aren't supposed to broadcast games anymore.

The Varsity app is free. It seems to be more reliable than Tune-In, but getting to the game link isn't intuitive because I still have issues doing it. And my day job is as a Software Developer.
I downloaded the Varsity app just in case the Tune-In app doesn’t carry the softball games (as you indicated above) but did not see any softball games listed in the upcoming schedule on the app. Do the softball games get added later, or shortly before game time? I will look to see prior to Thursday’s game, but still plan to listen on the Tune-In app.
raven15

Post by raven15 »

It is official.
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

I found this as a guide for Sooner Sports Radio. I hope this helps - sorted by town and sport:

https://soonersports.com/sports/2019/8/9/210185760.aspx
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Here's the URL link for the Franchise OU softball games radio on the internet:

https://tunein.com/radio/The-Franchise-2-1560-s26226/