Men's Basketball at Oklahoma State for Bedlam - Feb 5th - 11 AM.

Forum to discuss OU Men's Basketball
OUBeliever56A

Men's Basketball at Oklahoma State for Bedlam - Feb 5th - 11 AM.

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here is the preview article for the Bedlam clash in Stillwater: https://soonersports.com/news/2022/2/3/ ... urday.aspx

The game is televised on ESPN2 and on radio (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) and has a 'live stats' feature.
soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

Can't penetrate, can't work for a good shot, can't shoot. Bad combination. We are expert at making a sub .500 Aggie team look like world beaters. I like Mosier, but am ready for this season to be over.
EMan

Post by EMan »

Too many inconsistent players. In this conference, you have to have more than one or two guys show up at a time. They aren't good enough to be carried by only a couple of players a night. Today, offensively, it was T. Groves by himself, with 23. Everyone else combined had 32. That ain't going to hack it. They're also getting stripped of the ball driving the lane at an extraordinary rate. Can't believe how many times they lose the ball trying to go inside. Or today, get it blocked! Just another offensively challenged performance. OSU gave them all kinds of chances to build the lead but they couldn't score to take advantage of it.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

I know Moiser will get us there, but goodness, this team just doesn't have the "difference maker" talent to compete. The guys play hard and compete, but you have to have talent to win in the Big 12.
EMan

Post by EMan »

Actually, it was Groves and Harkless on the offensive end. Harkless had 15. So those two combined for 38 of the 55 points. Unfortunately, Harkless also had 8 turnovers.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
soonerBAS

Post by soonerBAS »

soonerindallas wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:22 pm Can't penetrate, can't work for a good shot, can't shoot. Bad combination. We are expert at making a sub .500 Aggie team look like world beaters. I like Mosier, but am ready for this season to be over.
I agree, I think Mosier is a good hire, but this team plays some really bad basketball, never seen a team have so many missed close shots as these guys have had lately, it's just hard to watch.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

This is what I expected for the whole season. The early good start was fools gold, in retrospect.

But I’m encouraged with what we can be once Moser gets a full class in. I like his energy and fundamentals to playing defense. He just does not have the horses. He only had 3 players and had to hodge podge a portal team really fast. In that regard he did way better than I expected.

You can only coach players up so much. At this point it seems a few are not the best team players and trying to do more on their own. Again, its lack of having time to bring in his players with his true beliefs. He had to basically take leftovers from portal which proves portal can only get you so far. Not to downplay those who came but its gonna take a few years.

I’m still 100% behind Moser

Supports my thoughts

In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Box score

In Brent I Trust :D