WishBone

Your Thoughts ???

Post by WishBone »

Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
humblesooner

Post by humblesooner »

My thoughts:
1.) I would be 100% in favor.
2.) I highly doubt it is possible. Why would an athlete sign a binding contract? Any attempt to enforce would be shot down rather quickly in a court of law. There is no union to negotiate with. A union would probably not be feasible, as the union members would be changing every year.
Just think it is something most of us would love to see so we can return to some sort of normalcy. That ship seems to have sailed when the NCAA confused NIL with Pay-to-Play and allowed rampant buying of college players, which is against NCAA rules. The NCAA let the genie out of the bottle and has no way of putting it back in.
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

1. Would like to get more clarity on what he means by "in house."
2. Would be 100% in favor of this. The players can't have all the $$$ without having obligations to fulfill.
3. If this were to take place, I agree with Humble that it would lead to the players forming a union
RussC

Post by RussC »

Undoubtedly a players union is coming. So they can threaten to strike.
#Mentally In Portal
SoonerMike

Post by SoonerMike »

I agree with the concept, if they can find a way to implement it. Would also like to see more performance incentives, instead of guaranteed money.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

No need to come in house. Contract with whomever can require bowl and cfp participatuon…

Natural ebb and flo.

One day will be modeled after nfl
RussC

Post by RussC »

Current situation is like NFL but with no salary cap and one-year contracts with free agency for all every year. Unsustainable.

I’m running wild here, but imagine one day a super CFB league, closely affiliated with the NFL. OU is in that league, and its players are under contact to an NFL team, but wear the crimson and cream with interlocking OU. NFL already has antitrust exemption and collective bargaining in place.
#Mentally In Portal
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Per RussC :I’m running wild here, but imagine one day a super CFB league, closely affiliated with the NFL. OU is in that league, and its players are under contact to an NFL team, but wear the crimson and cream with interlocking OU. NFL already has antitrust exemption and collective bargaining in place.

Even Running Wild........................... I can see something like this in the future. :eyes:
captnop

Post by captnop »

WishBone wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:29 pm Per RussC :I’m running wild here, but imagine one day a super CFB league, closely affiliated with the NFL. OU is in that league, and its players are under contact to an NFL team, but wear the crimson and cream with interlocking OU. NFL already has antitrust exemption and collective bargaining in place.

Even Running Wild........................... I can see something like this in the future. :eyes:
This scenario makes sense. Piggy back off the NFL's anti trust protection. Isn't this kinda the way the baseball farm teams work ? I think there will be some steps in the middle. I don't think we can go directly there from where we are now. I think thats where this is headed
SoonerTony

Post by SoonerTony »

If a player doesn’t want to play in a bowl game, he’ll just fake an injury of some kind, or tell the coaches he doesn’t feel well. Just my opinion of course.
SwampSooner

Post by SwampSooner »

I wonder if this could be extended to other sports (like men's basketball) to keep players from jumping to another school that is willing to pay him more.

Also, would it be feasible to have a set salary per position between all the schools to keep the A$Ms of the world from poaching players?
captnop

Post by captnop »

With them bringing it inhouse and in effect making Players employee's of the U.. there will assuredly be some kind of Salary Cap, thought it might not have that exact name
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

SoonerTony Said:If a player doesn’t want to play in a bowl game,.................................................No Money Then ...its in the contract
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Just pay as you go. Play in a game you get paid for that game…….easy…….
Fly

Post by Fly »

Well muleshoe is own his own now. He was given the golden slipper & now it,s gone. The Question is now, “Can he recruit the best to
USC”? Now! He has tarnished the golden slipper that once was his. The only thing he has in his corner now is a program with big pockets. He had a lot to sell a young man when he was at OU. He carried that to USC in “what people thought he accomplished at
Oklahoma.” But after the smoke has cleared, people have seen what he accomplished in having one of the most talented QB,s in college
Football. I think Caleb will look back on this chapter in his life, knowing the huge mistake he made in leaving Oklahoma.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou: