Manning commits to Horns

The place to follow the latest news in football recruiting and the transfer portal.
Gandalf

Manning commits to Horns

Post by Gandalf »

Just a FYI I saw on the webs. Good for him and great for Oklahoma.
You shall not pass
White River

Post by White River »

I certainly hope he is every bit as successful as Chris Sims was! Given the horns track record of developing talent in general and specifically QB talent; Arch has a built-in excuse when he fails to perform at a high level.
"Money will buy you a good dog, but only genuine affection will make him wag his tail."
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Who is first to portal?

Quinn Ewers, Hudson Card or Maalik Murphy? Since Ewers already portaled he would have to sit a year if left.
In Brent I Trust :D
White River

Post by White River »

OU Guy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:20 pm Who is first to portal?

Quinn Ewers, Hudson Card or Maalik Murphy? Since Ewers already portaled he would have to sit a year if left.
They will likely all be gone by the end of this season. Most horns QBs bail after one season behind that o-line. My money is on Card to go first.
"Money will buy you a good dog, but only genuine affection will make him wag his tail."
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...I'm not sure Arch would be the #1 rated qb if his name wasn't Manning.

Don't get me wrong, I think he'll be good, maybe even great, but beginning to believe he might be a tad over-hyped.
Certainly it's a big commitment for Sark, and should lead to some skill players considering UT*, to decide they want to sign on to the 40 acres too.

I wouldn't trade Jackson Arnold for him. :cool:

TEXASS SUCKS!

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
gcruse7

Post by gcruse7 »

I will say that I'll feel much better having our 5-star QB going against their defense than having their 5-star QB going against our defense.
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

OU Chinaman wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:45 pm ...I'm not sure Arch would be the #1 rated qb if his name wasn't Manning.

Don't get me wrong, I think he'll be good, maybe even great, but beginning to believe he might be a tad over-hyped.

TEXASS SUCKS!

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
You are 10,000% correct here CM. If his name was Arch Jones, would he even be a five star? I have never even seen him throw the ball or a highlight but I am sure he is getting a lot of press due to his dad, grandfather and uncles.
You shall not pass
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

OU Guy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:20 pm Who is first to portal?

One thing about it, no matter which one it is (between Ewers & Manning), they will have Millions to count once they leave. Based on what Sark did with Card and Thompson last year, I think he will bow to the BMB (big money boosters) pressure and start Manning (ready or not). I can't wait for the locker room divisions based on who is making how much and how they "perform" on game day, of course that will be the case in a lot of places especially along the DL at A$M.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Ewers sure put himself in a bad spot. He was at tOSU then txs to tx and now AM comes in. I think both are overhyped.
In Brent I Trust :D