New Stadium News!!!

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
EMan

Post by EMan »

Bottom post of the previous page:

This is great news! And LONG overdue!!
:ou: :ou: :ou:
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

This is such great news. I’m very happy. I’m sad only that bulldozers aren’t chewing up dirt already. But 2024 will be here soon enough.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

:megaphone: New member here. I just joined today. I've been reading this board for a while, only the Sooner softball forum. Betcha those SEC and PAC schools are delighted to hear about our new stadium plan! Now we can REALLY turn on the recruiting spigot! It's hard to believe the devotion some of the posters here have to keeping us all informed about all things OU softball. I do have a crush on "Lou" Donihoo, although I admit I could be a bit old for her. Well, that's about all I have for now. Keep up the good posting, gang. :rice:
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

inconnu wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:04 pm :megaphone: New member here. I just joined today. I've been reading this board for a while, only the Sooner softball forum. Betcha those SEC and PAC schools are delighted to hear about our new stadium plan! Now we can REALLY turn on the recruiting spigot! It's hard to believe the devotion some of the posters here have to keeping us all informed about all things OU softball. I do have a crush on "Lou" Donihoo, although I admit I could be a bit old for her. Well, that's about all I have for now. Keep up the good posting, gang. :rice:
welcome inconnu :ou: :rice: . Glad that you have joined us!
::rice2:: :dude:
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Soonr80

Post by Soonr80 »

I will make a prediction now. The seating capacity will need to be increased in year one. :ou:
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

inconnu wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:04 pm :megaphone: New member here. I just joined today. I've been reading this board for a while, only the Sooner softball forum. Betcha those SEC and PAC schools are delighted to hear about our new stadium plan! Now we can REALLY turn on the recruiting spigot! It's hard to believe the devotion some of the posters here have to keeping us all informed about all things OU softball. I do have a crush on "Lou" Donihoo, although I admit I could be a bit old for her. Well, that's about all I have for now. Keep up the good posting, gang. :rice:
Welcome to the board!
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

Soonr80 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:10 pm I will make a prediction now. The seating capacity will need to be increased in year one. :ou:
Hopefully the design has similar features to the proposed baseball stadium. They have a number of grassed terrace levels scattered around the stadium that can be removed and used for seating expansion later. I heard an interview yesterday and PG said this was going to be a big help to recruiting and would be in line with other SEC facilities. Also that she had been down to A&M recently and gone through their $30 million facility, taking note of what would and wouldn't work for the new stadium here, so hopefully that will include some creative design so that any future seating expansion won't take long or be too disruptive.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
Beerme

Post by Beerme »

Floeserve Softball ranked the top 10 softball stadiums and I believe Texas A&M’s was ranked #4. I looked at all 10 and I liked A&M’s the best.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

The question of how big should they build the stadium is a good one.

As popular as OU Softball is at the moment, I imagine that they can sell more than 3000 tickets a game. but the stadium costs money to build. Hopefully, there is plenty of room for expansion and in 5 years; we will be talking about expanding a few thousand seats.

I am so excited that a new stadium is happening
Shelstin

Post by Shelstin »

I hate to be a complainer on the new stadium, but the seating capacity won't be enough! Might as well put in an additional thousand when it's built, leaving room for expansion. i can count at least three times I drove six hours and couldn't get tickets for a regular season game. But, it's a great problem to have!!
cclift38

Post by cclift38 »

I think the seating capacity could be tricky. 25 years from now if OU softball isn't what it is now, you don't want a 1/2 empty stadium. I remember when women's basketball blew up during the Paris twin era and look at it now. I'm just throwing that out there. I hope the team is elite for many more years. Seems like I heard somewhere that the stadium could be expanded into the 4000's. I also seen where Alabama average fan attendance was 2700 and they are probably the fan base that is on par with OU. I'm curious if temporary seating can be added for playoff/conference games like the old field. It does appear there is space in the outfield where seats could be added.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Gasso plans to be here in 2024.

OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

In Brent I Trust :D
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

Nothing to do with softball, but just to show what kind of people that the Love family is, they are also donating $10 million towards the new Mercy "Love Family Women's Center" being constructed at the Mercy Hospital on Memorial. This new wing will provide services for pregnant women and newborns. This family is all about giving back to the community.