Transfer Portal

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
jmac11

Transfer Portal

Post by jmac11 »

I'm afraid we may end up on the wrong side of the transfer portal after this season. Teams will come hard for Pickering and Parker. I'll be surprised if bland sticks around. It will be interesting to see what happens.
SwampSooner

Post by SwampSooner »

With us losing 10 players to graduation, I believe we won't lose that many players.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

There might be one or two that hit the portal, but I don't think it will be Parker or Pickering.
Pick is eyeballing being captain next year.
aka Crimson47
Lasooner11

Post by Lasooner11 »

Chances for portal.

2 players - 100%
3 players - 80%
4 players - 50%

Marginal for more than 4 and very unlikely. For sure 2 are gone based on history regardless of how many seniors on team. The portal Supply and Demand will be very low if non-existent. Covid players etc are gone. Coaches have to take chances. Fans better support current roster players and contribute to the collective.
Last edited by Lasooner11 on Sun May 05, 2024 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
123gone

Post by 123gone »

If I had to guess ...I say Sanders , Q, Deal
soonerTroll2

Post by soonerTroll2 »

Have you 'all heard some scuttlebutt? Unless their is soured relations with the coaching staff or "homesickness", on the surface I can't see a reason why Parker, Pickering, or Deal would transfer.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

I have just the opposite feeling. I think knowing that they may get immediate playing time for the top coach we will see tons of interest from other players wanting to transfer in!
jmac11

Post by jmac11 »

I don't see sanders or deal leaving. I think bland will possibly leave. My concern is top players being lured away by nil or a team like florida with great young pitchers. I'm just using florida as an example. Maybe we will be lucky enough to keep our top players and build a new team next year with our current underclassmen and incoming freshmen. Like soonergirl mentioned, we have the best coach in college softball.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

I’m not conceding that we won’t win #8 this year despite the obvious hitting issues. Today helped restore my faith a bit. Could that be the story of this year, what looks like a down and out 3x champ team heads into postseason and returns to form to take OKC by storm and win #4 in a row? Who knows, but I’m confident there are more good players wanting to play at OU then leave.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I think any speculation about anyone transferring out of the Sooner program is no more than idle chatter at this point. With 11 players returning next year (1 that has not played an inning due to injuries and a redshirt, NellieMac) the only three players that have made a case to be a full time player are Sanders, Parker and Pickering. Hodge and Coor have shown they can play defense and can get a hit with some regularity but are not yet ready to start based upon this year. Bland has shown promise, Lilio still has that potential. That are the players that are returning.

In the circle, Deal has got her feet more than wet this season and we have seen lots to be happy about and a few times that we might be a bit disappointed. But she certainly is a player that OU will want to keep. Monticelli has shown something that is intriguing but need more of the good innings. The same story is true about Geurin in limited use. BTW, there might be one more former pitcher that could be returning to pitch. Just maybe at this point, by it is a maybe.

That means there are 6 spots wide open to try and win and plenty of innings to pitch by the returners.

There are 7 position players coming in as freshman. I would say that one will catch (Hicks) at this point and that probably Barber and Milloy have good shots to play regularly. I would add NellieMac to that list as a redshirt-freshman also. There are still three positions wide open.

In the circle, Lowry will be a fourth arm for sure and will see the circle quickly I think.

And then there is the transfer portal. The possibilities are endless.

But I see very few transfers out, if any.

Boomer Sooner!