2022 schedule

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
ousbfan

2022 schedule

Post by ousbfan »

The Sooner are going to be busy at the start of the season. They play something like 21 games in 30 days at the beginning and playing about 15 of those games in California and south Texas, then heading over to Hawaii so Alo can play in front of her home state.
cclift38

Post by cclift38 »

Is it softball season yet? lol. I'm over football right now.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

First time OU has had a football HC quit on us for another job since Jim Tatum did in 1946...so then we hired Charles(Bud) Wilkinson.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

inconnu wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:59 pm First time OU has had a football HC quit on us for another job since Jim Tatum did in 1946...so then we hired Charles(Bud) Wilkinson.
With what is going on at the present time in football, it certainly makes a softball fan appreciate someone named Coach Patty Gasso even more! If that is even possible.

I would think that when she heard that OU was moving to the SEC, she just said, "We will develop one more gear and will be successful in the SEC representing the University of Oklahoma!"
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

cclift38 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:36 pm Is it softball season yet? lol. I'm over football right now.
:lol:

I am glad Patty didn't take the extra $15 million and flee to UCLA when she heard that we were going to the SEC. :lol:

I like the schedule. We might drop some games early especially as the young pitching staff finds itself but it should prepare the team for the Big 12 season and the NCAA tourney. I like playing quality opponents; the games are more interesting and it helps give an indication of a team's talent.
::rice2:: :dude:
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

"With what is going on at the present time in football, it certainly makes a softball fan appreciate someone named Coach Patty Gasso even more! If that is even possible.

I would think that when she heard that OU was moving to the SEC, she just said, "We will develop one more gear and will be successful in the SEC representing the University of Oklahoma!" -OUBeliever56A

IMO a team is better off being a tough conference in softball. So darn many teams qualify for the national tournament, that it's better for your team to play a bunch of tough games during the regular season, because you will damn sure have to face many of those same teams and of course other tough ones as well in the national tourney. Football is so different from softball , including the facts that you have to play so many more games, and there are so many fewer major injuries.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

inconnu wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:56 pm
IMO a team is better off being a tough conference in softball. So darn many teams qualify for the national tournament, that it's better for your team to play a bunch of tough games during the regular season, because you will damn sure have to face many of those same teams and of course other tough ones as well in the national tourney.
I totally agree. I think coaches in many sports try to game the system (probably so they can pull in the ridiculous salaries that we pay football coaches). If our young pitchers pan out ( and I think that they will) OU has the talent to beat the likes of UCLA and Arizona. And even if we drop a game or 2 in the early season, the team will learn and grow from the challenge.when it really matters later in the year, during those big games against Texas or OSU and during the NCAA tournament we will be a better team.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

72 days to go (from today)