Big 12 Softball - Transfers In and Out for Teams - Plus 2022 FR

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OU_Tom

Big 12 Softball - Transfers In and Out for Teams - Plus 2022 FR

Post by OU_Tom »

Here is a repost of some analysis that OUBeliever made in July regarding Big 12 transfers

I have complied the list below of the transfers into and out of the 7 Big 12 Softball schools. Note these things as you review the list:

- OU, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Texas Tech and Texas have brought transfer players into their programs.
- OU, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Texas, Baylor, Iowa State and Texas Tech have players that have entered the portal and a majority of them have found a place to play.
- Kansas has lost some good players with no replacement players transferring to Lawrence. The Jayhawk freshman will need to perform.
- Texas Tech has had a purge with their new coach coming to Lubbock for the 2021 season.
- OU and Oklahoma State probably have the best transfers joining their programs. Texas Tech, Baylor and Texas have added key parts to their program,
- For the new incoming Freshman - the class ratings are in this order; 1) Oklahoma, 2) Texas, 3) Oklahoma State, 4) Baylor, 5) Kansas, 6) Texas Tech and 7) Iowa State

Enjoy!

SCHOOL FIRST NAME LAST NAME PREV SCHOOL POSITION NEW SCHOOL
OKLAHOMA
TRANSFERS IN… HOPE TRAUTWEIN North Texas RHP Oklahoma
TRANSFERS IN… ALYSSA BRITO Oregon SS Oklahoma

TRANSFERS OUT… ALYCIA FLORES Oklahoma OF
TRANSFERS OUT… ELIYAH FLORES Oklahoma INF
TRANSFERS OUT… KINSEY KOELTZOW Oklahoma C-UTIL Grand Canyon
TRANSFERS OUT… KATHERINE VESTAL Oklahoma RHP Ole Miss
TRANSFERS OUT… PAIGE KNIGHT Oklahoma UT
TRANSFERS OUT… OLIVIA RAINS Oklahoma RHP Texas Tech
TRANSFERS OUT… ZAIDA PUNI Oklahoma INF
TRANSFERS OUT… ALLANA THIEDE Oklahoma LHP UNLV

New Freshman (7)
RHP - *J Bahl, C/3B - *S Nugent, 2B/OF - *Q Lilio, C/UT - *T Coleman, SS - *A Waitman. RHP - *E Guthrie, OF - *H Coor (* = Top 100 Players)

OKLAHOMA STATE
TRANSFERS IN… MORGAN DAY Illinois State RHP Oklahoma State
TRANSFERS IN… MORGYN WYNNE Kansas 1B-DP Oklahoma State

TRANSFERS OUT… MACEE BARNES Oklahoma State INF Grand Canyon U
TRANSFERS OUT… MACI CUNCONAN Oklahoma State OF Lipscomb
TRANSFERS OUT… GABBY SPRANG Oklahoma State RHP
TRANSFERS OUT… MADISON BOYD Oklahoma State RHP Houston
TRANSFERS OUT… RAQUEL DOMINGUEZ Oklahoma State C

New Freshman (6)
P - *T Clopton, INF/OF - *B Evans, C/OF - *T Sparks, P/1B - K Ogg, - OF/UT - H Kastl, C - M Herdjuren (* = Top 100 Players)

TEXAS
TRANSFERS IN… ESTELLE CZECH North Carolina St LHP Texas

TRANSFERS OUT… ARIANA ADAMS Texas RHP Syracuse
TRANSFERS OUT… MK TEDDER Texas OF
TRANSFERS OUT… TAYLOR ELLSWORTH Texas C-OF
TRANSFERS OUT… BAILEY WILLIAMS Texas UTIL
TRANSFERS OUT… RYLIEGH WHITE Texas RHP

New Freshman (6)
P - *S Simpson, C/3B - *K Cimusz, OF - *M Holmes, 3B - *M Scott, OF - *A Maloney, OF/B - V Quiroga (* = Top 100 Players)

BAYLOR
TRANSFERS IN… RACHEL HERTENBERGER Houston RHP Baylor
TRANSFERS IN… RHEIN TROCHIM Illinois OF Baylor

TRANSFERS OUT… HANNAH THOMPSON Baylor C
TRANSFERS OUT… MADISON LINDSEY Baylor LHP Southern Utah
TRANSFERS OUT… SIDNEY HOLMAN Baylor RHP Abilene Christian

New Freshman (6)
P/UT - *K West, OF - C Rowatt, C - G Powell, IF/OF - E McDonough, MIF/C - R Bouvier, OF/MIF - A Wachtendorf, C/IF - J Rowatt (* = Top 100 Players)

IOWA STATE
TRANSFERS IN… None

TRANSFERS OUT… ALYSSA ORR Iowa State OF-MIF

New Freshman (4)
2B - A Allen, MIF/UT - O Wardlow, OF - E Wood, C - A Fuentes (* = Top 100 Players)

KANSAS
TRANSFERS IN… None

TRANSFERS OUT… MORGYN WYNNE Kansas INF Oklahoma State
TRANSFERS OUT… TATUM GOFF Kansas LHP UT-Tyler
TRANSFERS OUT… BRITTANY JACKSON Kansas OF North Car State
TRANSFERS OUT… LEANNE MATTHEWS Kansas ???
TRANSFERS OUT… HANNAH TODD Kansas RHP Houston
TRANSFERS OUT… LEXY MILLS Kansas RHP UC Santa Barbara

New Freshman (6)
UT - *T McInnis, C/3B - N Marshall, P/MIF - K Brooks, INF - M Wark, 1B/P - O Bruno, MIF/OF - S Roszak (* = Top 100 Players)

TEXAS TECH
TRANSFERS IN… PAGE MINDEDAHL LMU OF Texas Tech
TRANSFERS IN… RILEY EHLEN LMU INF-OF Texas Tech
TRANSFERS IN… MOLLY GRUMBO LMU C Texas Tech
TRANSFERS IN… KEDALL FRITZ Nevada-Reno RHP Texas Tech
TRANSFERS IN… OLIVIA RAINS Oklahoma RHP Texas Tech

TRANSFERS OUT… YVONNE WHALEY Texas Tech OF Pittsburg
TRANSFERS OUT… ERIN EDMOUNDSON Texas Tech LHP Tennessee
TRANSFERS OUT… AMANDA DESARIO Texas Tech OF
TRANSFERS OUT… BREANNA RUSSELL Texas Tech 3B-UTIL
TRANSFERS OUT… KELCY LEACH Texas Tech C
TRANSFERS OUT… HEAVEN BURTON Texas Tech OF
TRANSFERS OUT… ZOE JONES Texas Tech Inf Wichita State

New Freshman (6)
P - *E Carlin, INF - B Hayward, P - M Kuehl. SS - K Lyon SS, C - K Jennings, MIF/OF - D Elder (* = Top 100 Players)
::rice2:: :dude:
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

There definitely will be a lot of new faces in Big 12. Lots of transfers out from OU; I wish all of those transfers well in their new teams. I know that they were all working hard to get time on the field but OU has some very talented players
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

BTW I had the old board in maintenance mode so it wasn’t accessible. I have taken it out of maintenance mode for its final days so feel free to visit it and read old posts or just say good bye. Our host is going to decommission it on December 1. Feel free to copy any posts over here that you thought were useful. I can help copy anything that any of you think might be good to keep.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

There have been 2 big transfers within Big 12 Softball after that list was made.

Miranda Elish (transfer from the LongDucks) to the Cowgirls of OSU. She will help minimize the departure of Eberle to graduation. She will likely be the #1 Pitcher and part time 1B for OSU.

Hailey Dolcini (transfer from Fresno State) to Texas. She will replace Elish and probably become the #1 Pitcher above O'Leary. That will help the LongDucks and give top recruit Simpson a season to develop before she has to produce.

An additional potential transfer that will likely effect the Big 12 is Julia Cottrill. She is the returning starting Florida Catcher that just entered the portal this week. Her father is an assistant coach at OSU. The current catchers at OSU include a junior with 34 at bats, a junior that I do not think has played college ball and two freshman that could be good. One is a defensive catcher and one is a catcher with some power. Cottrill is a big addition to that group and would likely start on day 1 in Stillwater. I would bet that she lands in Stillwater.

Iowa State and Baylor will both try to be the #4 team in the Big 12. Kansas and Iowa State is rebuilding a bit in 2022.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

I never really cared for Miranda Elish's personalty; she is kinda a prima dona type but she is an impressive athlete. OSU is going to probably made it to Oklahoma City with her talent alone.

For the last 10 years or so, OU really was the only top notch team in the Big 12. Between OU, Texas and OSU the big 12 is definitely a top tier conference. I suspect Mike White will always dona very good job recruiting/coaching at Texas. Of course, I don’t think :horns: will catch :ou: for a while
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:32 am That will help the LongDucks and give top recruit Simpson a season to develop before she has to produce.
:lol: I love the LongDuck part