Transfer rumours

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
Giraffespots

Transfer rumours

Post by Giraffespots »

Has anyone heard about an All American transfer who is visiting Norman this weekend?
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

I haven't heard or seen a thing.
Plank said on his show Friday he was thinking it would be somebody from the Pacific Northwest.
But now I wonder if that might have been a red herring?
aka Crimson47
Giraffespots

Post by Giraffespots »

I haven't heard anything from here. But I also have been hearing/seeing indications that it is a power hitter who is an All American. Don't know of any power hitter from up that way.
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

Giraffespots wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:20 pm I haven't heard anything from here. But I also have been hearing/seeing indications that it is a power hitter who is an All American. Don't know of any power hitter from up that way.
the rumored name I heard was Addison Barnard from WSU. That was a while back ,last I heard she was NOT in the portal.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

I think OU can take a couple of more transfers including an all American from the north west and a power hitter. But I don't think that there is an all American power hitter in the portal from the north west
::rice2:: :dude:
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

OU_Tom wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:26 pm I think OU can take a couple of more transfers including an all American from the north west and a power hitter. But I don't think that there is an all American power hitter in the portal from the north west
I agree with "OU_Tom", there is not a power hitter from the NW that I can find. Power hitter = at least 15 HRs, 20 preferred.

I also think that if Barnard (WSU 33 HRs - Outfielder) was going to enter the portal, she would have by now. With her little sister committing to WSU, I think Barnard is staying at WSU.

So the Sooners will be looking elsewhere in the portal.

Boomer Sooner!
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

In the vein of “if she was going to enter the portal, she would have”, should we think the same about our own team? To my knowledge, no returning Sooners have entered the portal - now more than a week after the end of our season. Is it possible no one plans to leave?
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

TN Sooner wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:51 am In the vein of “if she was going to enter the portal, she would have”, should we think the same about our own team? To my knowledge, no returning Sooners have entered the portal - now more than a week after the end of our season. Is it possible no one plans to leave?
They have until July 1 to enter the portal if they want to have eligibility in 2023. If we are going to see any movement it will likely happen this week.

That said, I think for those that remain it comes down to playing time... do they want to wait (since they have at least 1 ring), or do they move on and almost certainly instantly play somewhere else?
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Bixby_Sooner wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:54 am
TN Sooner wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:51 am In the vein of “if she was going to enter the portal, she would have”, should we think the same about our own team? To my knowledge, no returning Sooners have entered the portal - now more than a week after the end of our season. Is it possible no one plans to leave?
They have until July 1 to enter the portal if they want to have eligibility in 2023. If we are going to see any movement it will likely happen this week.

That said, I think for those that remain it comes down to playing time... do they want to wait (since they have at least 1 ring), or do they move on and almost certainly instantly play somewhere else?
This is very true...we still have another 10 days to sweat out about any of our players transferring out. BUT........ I am increasingly encouraged with the time that has elapsed now that surely everybody has had their exit interviews w Coach and know where they stand and they still haven't hit the portal yet. Last year, I think it was pretty quick for the decisions to transfer out. Many of our girls have gone on to Fla for summer ball to improve their skills...only two or three remain home. So it is becoming more hopeful to me that our team will remain intact.
And, yes, it's also becoming less and less likely that Barnard is thinking about becoming a Sooner. It does make me wonder though did we have anybody come in this weekend for a visit? Having trouble finding any info on that!
aka Crimson47
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

I'm not an expert on the intricacies of recruiting rules. But I'm pretty sure that our coaches can't talk to another player unless they are in the portal.

I also don't know if the rules have changed, but I'm skeptical of the July 1 deadline and whether that applies to spring sports. Giselle Juarez transferred in November and played that spring.
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

AustinTXSooner wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:44 am I'm not an expert on the intricacies of recruiting rules. But I'm pretty sure that our coaches can't talk to another player unless they are in the portal.

I also don't know if the rules have changed, but I'm skeptical of the July 1 deadline and whether that applies to spring sports. Giselle Juarez transferred in November and played that spring.
NCAA transfer waivers will override any other rules. It's May 1 for fall/winter and July 1 for spring sports portal entries (without a waiver).
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
VNSooner

Post by VNSooner »

Is it possible that the ASU All American freshman Sanders is looking at OU? She did have over 20 Home Runs. I saw she is in the portal.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Looks like another 1st Baseman but I'm sure Patty could find a place for her.
She seems to be following several players on our team on social media.
aka Crimson47
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:14 am I think that OU is focused elsewhere towards players in the portal. I think a new Sooner is introduced soon. We will be happy about the player.
has sanders signed yet🤣?

Ps. I probably shouldn't have posted this. I have no idea if she is even interested in :ou: with 20 HRs, she would be a good addition
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Something is about to drop