College Position Preview: Eight Outfielders to Watch in 2022

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

College Position Preview: Eight Outfielders to Watch in 2022

Post by OUBeliever56A »

EIS finished their review of positions with their outfielder review. Here is the article below.

https://extrainningsoftball.com/college ... h-in-2022/

Yes, Jayda Coleman is included in the 8 players.

Jayda Coleman, Oklahoma
Coleman became a household name in college softball right away last season, gaining attention for her high-energy style of play as much as her eye-popping stats at the plate and impressive defense in the field. Even when that same high-energy style emerged in a controversial play, Coleman gained as many fans as she did detractors and she has already cemented herself as one of the game’s popular stars – and she’s only a sophomore!

Confused though, they reference a 'controversial play' ..... while I watched every second of every game last year, did I miss something?

My prediction about 2022 if EIS writes the same type of article. It will include 2 Sooners - Jayda Coleman and Rylie Boone.
The Far Journey

Post by The Far Journey »

Yeah, "controversial play" through me, too. All I can think of is a play at third against Wichita State (I think), where the third baseman knocked her hand off the bag and she was called out. Jayda got heated with the ump for about five seconds but walked away still angry when Patty stepped in. She argued the call for another minute or two. It was a bad call. But if that's controversial, there's a whole lot more controversy going on than I ever thought.
Beerme

Post by Beerme »

I believe the so called controversially call was when playing OSU and she was pushed off 3rd base and was called out. Both Gasso and JC was arguing the call and Gasso was tossed. The OSU players were waving JC off the field.

That’s the only play that I can think of that could be considered to be controversial.
Beerme

Post by Beerme »

The Far Journey wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:05 am Yeah, "controversial play" through me, too. All I can think of is a play at third against Wichita State (I think), where the third baseman knocked her hand off the bag and she was called out. Jayda got heated with the ump for about five seconds but walked away still angry when Patty stepped in. She argued the call for another minute or two. It was a bad call. But if that's controversial, there's a whole lot more controversy going on than I ever thought.
Journey - if we are thinking of the same play, I believe it was against OSU, but I could be wrong.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I believe you two remembered the play that was being referenced by EIS.

Honestly, the play does not reach to the 'controversial' plateau. It was a competitor playing and reacting. I hope this 'opinion' does not stay with her.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

That play was definitely against OSU and Jayda was very, very fiery about it. She and the osu infielders had words after the play and again between innings as Jayda ran in from CF and the OSU players took the field. If that is what they call controversial, give me about 20 controversial ladies to play for Patty.

Anyone that thinks her behavior was “outside the lines” or controversial are probably in the Danny Kannell camp of whining about the manner in which these superstars celebrate on the field.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Here was play. Umpire made a terrible call. OSU 3rd baseman clearly knocked jayda's hand off the bag

::rice2:: :dude:
cclift38

Post by cclift38 »

That has to be the play. It was against OSU and the no controversy to me. It's just a reminder of the usual OSU sportsman ship. If you read Pennington's(3B) lips you can see her saying over rated. I guess she was wrong about that huh!